Work in Progress

Please Note: Blog Archives are at the bottom of the page.
I started this blog on June 14, 2012. I plan to post my previous scrap pages, from the most recent > working backwards; and add new scrap pages as I create them. It could take awhile, as I'd scrapped nearly 400 pages prior to starting this blog. Each one was the best I could do with the photos I had on the day it was made, and each has special meaning to me.


Saturday, June 23, 2012

Precious Sweet Baby Girl


My niece and her BFF were pregnant at the same time. Her girlfriend's baby was due the third week of May and my niece's baby was due the first week of June, about two weeks apart. However, my niece's son (Tyler) was born 6 weeks premature, on April 28th, 2012, and her friend had her baby girl (Shannyn) on May 23rd, 2012, soooooo Tyler, who SHOULD have been two weeks younger than Shannyn, is actually 1 month older than Shannyn (but he's still smaller than she is). Crazy!! But thank God they are both healthy, beautiful babies. :)

For this page I started with a QP called Bloomin' (by Down This Road Designs). But I edited it in PaintShop Pro (as usual, lol): changed up the colours so it would match the photo better; replaced some of the green to a soft purpley mauve colour; moved one of the leaves.

* I always check the designer's TOU to make sure it's OK to do that. For this QP Angie's TOU states, "YOU MAY: 1. You may recolor and/or adjust my items for your own personal use."

Then I added the beaded strings from 'Candy Fairway Pack' (Peppermint Creative), small pink ribbon from 'Baby Born' (Meta Wulandari Design), larger ribbon from 'Choochie Face' (LouCee Creations) kit now retired, tags from 'Dreams' (A Work in Progress) kit now retired, buttons from 'My Colors Buttons' (A Saxon Creation).

2 comments:

Yobeth said...

Awww, great page and what an adorable picture!

Arlene said...

Thanks so much Yobeth. Isn't she sweet?

Post a Comment