Sunny. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this afternoon. High 34°C (93°F). Humidex 41°C (106°F). UV index 10 or very high. * Humidex advisory in effect.
I'll have to scrap something summery today :)
I said early this morning that I wanted to scrap something summery, so I started looking through my old pics to find ones I hadn't scrapped yet. I scanned three photos. These were all taken on the same day, June 21, 2002, which also happened to be the first day of Summer that year. Dillon was 2 years old, Nathaniel was 9 months old, and our budgie Jesse James (in the cage on the table) was 3 years old at the time. Jesse just passed away three weeks ago @ 13 years of age. Nat passed away in 2009 about a month before his 8th birthday. So the only one of our beloved "boys" still with us is Dillon. He's 12 now.
I love the photos, but the old scanned images are just not as clear and crisp as the digital pics, and you can't really see the dog's eyes and faces. This is the best I could get them. This whole page took hours ... there are MANY layers and I really fussed with it, changing it over and over again, lol.
I used a LOT of kits for this, some I bought, some were free...
~ One flower is from 'Celebrate' (Sweet Pea Designs).
~ One flower is from 'Family & Friends' (Albums to Rememeber).
~ Red ribbon tab from 'Boys Will be Boys Addon' (Kimeric Kreations).
~ Leaves from 'Sunset Melody Bundle' (Marie h Designs).
~ Shabby button, Worn paper, red butterflies, and wordart (re-coloured) from 'Food, Family and Fun' (Stuff to Scrap Collab).
~ Journal card from '3x4 Journal Cards' (Persnickety Prints).
~ Papers from 'Super Summer Fun' (Kooky Cat Designs); 'Sun and Sea' (Persnickety Prints); 'Summer Breeze Paper Pack' (Snuggle Berry Pie Designs); 'Sweet Sunny Summer' (Marie h Designs); 'Sunny Days' Blog Train (Scraps n Pieces); 'Hello Sunshine' Blog FB Train (MScraps).
~ Oh, and I drew and painted the sun. I don't know why, as I must have dozens of suns from other kits, lol.
Whew!!!
I think I'll just use a quick page tomorrow, lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment