Work in Progress

Please Note: Blog Archives are at the bottom of the page.
I started this blog on June 14, 2012. I plan to post my previous scrap pages, from the most recent > working backwards; and add new scrap pages as I create them. It could take awhile, as I'd scrapped nearly 400 pages prior to starting this blog. Each one was the best I could do with the photos I had on the day it was made, and each has special meaning to me.


Saturday, June 16, 2012

Peter Gets Hooked!


My sister Lil and her hubby Peter went fishing today. Lil caught 9 or 10 fish and Peter caught about 8. They were little and they threw them all back. But Lil did catch something else ... Peters baseball cap! She hooked it right off his head. As soon as she told me that I KNEW I had the perfect kit and begged her to send me photos, and she did. Soooo fun!

I used a freebie kit called 'Gone Fishing" (by snackpackgu). It's a fabulous kit with incredibly cute graphics. I edited the element of the boy and girl fishing (the one at the top where the girl has snagged the boy's cap. The original had them sitting on a dock so I removed that part and tried to match the colour of Lil and Peter's canoe. And I repainted the clothing and the hair on both the boy and the girl to match Lil and Peter were wearing :)) I'll email Debra (the designer) and let her know. I don't think she'll mind.

I also used some items from a mini kit called 'Love of Fishing (by Karen's Scraps and Graphics). Such nice stuff!

Designers are amazingly generous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment