We brought a picnic lunch but it was not our typical picnic fare. No hot dogs or hamburgers or potato salad, but the food we had was delicious. I made a couple of salads, bought two of kinds of hummus, some whole wheat pitas, and a roasted chicken (removed the skin), and a bunch of fruits and veggies. All the items were fresh or homemade, healthy and yummy. Even my hubby, who has never had a weight problem, thought it was the best picnic we'd ever had. Afterwards we walked around the perimeter of the lake. It's not that big. It look about 45 minutes (including the times I stopped to take pics). It's good to know that picnics don't need to be fattening to be fun.

I kept these pages really simple and didn't use any embellishments ... just a wordart and date tags that I made. (Oh, and one cherry, haha.) Background is a freebie from an old kit called 'Summer Dream' by Collab Girls. I don't think it's available any longer. It's funny, I have many hundreds of kits, but I still enjoy using freebies when I like the quality of them. I don't know what it is about this paper that I like so much ... I just do.
4 comments:
These pages are fantastic as usual. Your "diet" food looks yummy! I've heard of hummus but I've always thought it sounded kind of yucky, lol. Apparently you think it's good, so tell me, how do you eat it? Is it a dip or condiment or what?
Thanks Yobeth! Yes it does sound kinda yucky doesn't it? haha. I hadn't tried hummus until about a year ago, but I really love it. Hummus is made out of mashed chickpeas, it's full of vitamins and high in protein and dietary fiber (but it's smooth, not lumpy). It's a complete protein when eaten with bread. I use it as a spread when making a veggie or chicken pita sandwich and we also use it as a dip for raw veggies. The plain one has a very mild taste ... you can use it instead of margerine or mayo and it goes with almost everything. You can also get many differnt flavours. I love the spicy roasted red pepper hummus.
Well I'm going to have to give it a whirl! (I tried tofu once and it was not a good experience, lol!) Spicy roasted red pepper sounds like something I'd like. Thanks for the info.
I'm not a fan of tofu either! Ugh. I only tried it the one time too, lol. I think you might be surprised by the hummus though. Hope you like it anyway Yobeth.
Post a Comment