Work in Progress

Please Note: Blog Archives are at the bottom of the page.
I started this blog on June 14, 2012. I plan to post my previous scrap pages, from the most recent > working backwards; and add new scrap pages as I create them. It could take awhile, as I'd scrapped nearly 400 pages prior to starting this blog. Each one was the best I could do with the photos I had on the day it was made, and each has special meaning to me.


Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Our 1975 VW Van


I finally got around to using a kit I bought a couple of weeks ago, 'Hippie Kit' (Etc by Danyale). It's really cute and I love the groovy VW embellie, haha.

My hubby and I moved out to Calgary in 1974. At the time we had a VW Beetle. the following year we traded it in for a brand new VW Van. The micro-van was just bare inside when we got it off the show room floor, but we eventually customized it and turned it into a camper van. It was awesome (well we thought it was), although not very roomy, haha.

The pics (above that I scrapped) were taken on the day we bought the van. We had taken a drive along the Forestry Trunk Road. It's a road that runs south-north, parallel to the Rocky Mountains for 100 km (62 miles) and provides Albertans with remarkable access to their forests without having to hike for hours to get there. We used to love going there and often went camping, hiking and fishing along the Forestry Trunk Road.


Those are just the foothills in the background (not the Rocky Mountains). The Forestry Trunk Road is also known as the Kananaskis Trail. Kananaskis Country is a large, multi-use recreation area with tons of neat things to experience and enjoy. You see a lot of wildlife, and the streams are crystal clear and cold. Sometimes sections of the trail would be closed due to bear activity. In the winter we'd go there to go cross-country skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment