
Oh my ... I have been very busy!! Last Thursday I saw a message from Tracey on 'Trixie Scraps Designs' FB page about BackBlaze. It's her (and many others) program of choice for online backup storage. This is what she said...
It used to be said that something didn’t exist digitally unless you had two copies, a working copy and a backup copy. These days, I would say that something doesn’t exist digitally unless you have three copies. A working copy, a local backup and an offsite backup. We use BackBlaze http://www.backblaze.com/ in our home they offer $5 a month to backup everything on your computer. It is really an amazing company! We have recovered a few lost files with no issues. Be sure to check them out!It sounded interesting. I did some checking and Reviews say...
"Backblaze is simple to setup and has two very strong suits: unlimited storage per PC, and continuous backup monitoring, making it a good hands-off choice. But it lacks a lot of goodies you get in other products, such as file sharing, mobile access apps, and complementary local backup software."I don't care about file sharing or mobile access apps. All I wanted was something super easy to use with unlimited storage and this seems perfect for me. I bought BackBlaze the day Tracey posted about it (July 19th). 2 years for $95.00. That works out to $3.95/month ($1.00/week).
My computer has been backing up 18 hours/day for the last 6 days, lol. Still not done, and that's just my C drive. They said it could take up to 30 days for the initial backup. Based on how much has been saved so far I'm guessing it will be about 2 weeks by the time it also saves the files in my EDH. However, it's very seamless and doesn't seem to eat up any speed from doing other tasks so I'm really happy with it and I feel more secure.
I used to have Norton Online Backup but I really wasn't happy with it and I didn't renew my contract. I have 2 EHDs, plus all my photos are also backed up onto 2 separate computers (one of which is never connected to the internet). I also leave my digital photos on my SD cards, haha. I HATE losing my digital life. I've lost things in the past and there have been some close calls too. You just can't so too safe, lol.
Anyway...... I have been scrapping and will post my pages according to the day I made them over the last few days (so below this post, haha.)
No comments:
Post a Comment