Work in Progress

Please Note: Blog Archives are at the bottom of the page.
I started this blog on June 14, 2012. I plan to post my previous scrap pages, from the most recent > working backwards; and add new scrap pages as I create them. It could take awhile, as I'd scrapped nearly 400 pages prior to starting this blog. Each one was the best I could do with the photos I had on the day it was made, and each has special meaning to me.


Saturday, July 7, 2012

Week 1 ~ Back to Fresh


Today was the final day of Week 1 on the new weight loss/healthy lifestyle regime, called "Doing it 4 Digi Weight Loss Challenge" on the Scraps N Pieces forum. I had a very good week and concentrated on eating fresh food, made from scratch, with lots of fruits and veggies, good quality lean protein, whole grains, and low fat dairy. I made my own dressings using things like extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar, so although I had a little fat, it was the healthy kind. Fortunately I love to cook and I often photograph the meals I prepare so scrapping my faves from Week 1 was a natural for me, haha.

I did OK on the exercise front ... meaning I actually did some, which is a far cry from what I'd been doing for the previous 8 months, which was nothing. Hopefully tomorrow's weigh-in will reflect the effort I put in this week.

I used a kit called 'Freshly Squeezed' by Heather's Digital Creations and the journal card is from 'Mom's Diner' by Sweet Digi Scraps. All my recipes came from a recipe book called, 'The LooneySpoons Collection' by Janet and Greta Podleski.

No comments:

Post a Comment