Work in Progress

Please Note: Blog Archives are at the bottom of the page.
I started this blog on June 14, 2012. I plan to post my previous scrap pages, from the most recent > working backwards; and add new scrap pages as I create them. It could take awhile, as I'd scrapped nearly 400 pages prior to starting this blog. Each one was the best I could do with the photos I had on the day it was made, and each has special meaning to me.


Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Good Ole Days


These pics are from that 40th Annual Heritage Display that I had scrapped about on Sunday. Most of this one is made from 'It's a Wonderful Life' (by Kimeric Kreations) and I used two IAWL Wordbits and one IAWL Graffiti. The blue background paper and one flower are from IAWL May addon. The two yellow flowers are from 'Oh Canada' (by Kimeric Kreations). The little red barn is from 'Farmer Ikean' (A Saxon Creation). I sort of semi-scraplifted a template/sketch from 'Debbie Hodge' but for the life of me I can't figure out which one I used as inspiration.

The elderly man holding the plaque is the founder of this heritage club and started the event 40 years ago. While we were there my hubby and I had gone into an open sided pavilion that had these huge old picnic tables and a couple of old guys came and sat with us. Turned out to be the founder and another founding member. Ken (the founder) was soooo proud of the plaque they had presented to him I just had to take his photo. He told us lots of neat old stories about the Good Ole Days. I just love talking to the old-timers at these events. You can learn a lot if you stop to listen, and we had a few good laughs along the way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment