Work in Progress

Please Note: Blog Archives are at the bottom of the page.
I started this blog on June 14, 2012. I plan to post my previous scrap pages, from the most recent > working backwards; and add new scrap pages as I create them. It could take awhile, as I'd scrapped nearly 400 pages prior to starting this blog. Each one was the best I could do with the photos I had on the day it was made, and each has special meaning to me.


Monday, September 10, 2012

Walk A Little Straighter


I made this page for the September Lyrics Challenge on TDC. You were supposed to "scrap a LO using song lyrics about fathers". Sadly this is the song that came to my mind, "Walk A Little Straighter Daddy" by Billy Currington. After I made this layout I decided not to post it for the challenge after all. It's just not a happy page, but it's real.

To be fair my dad wasn't a bad guy. He always managed to keep a job and he wasn't physically abusive. He actually had a lot of pals, but not the kind you'd bring home to meet your kids. He just had one main problem, which affected our whole family. I'll do a happier page about him someday. He passed away 29 years ago at the age of 64 due to alcohol abuse. RIP Daddy. I hope you eventually found what you were looking for.

Kit: Howdy Ma'am (Boutique Collab by The DigiChick *Designers)
Template/Sketch: September FB Fan Freebie (Kimeric Kreations) *highly modified

*Participating Designers: Alamama's Pressed Petals, Charm Box Studios, Dawn by Design, Elise's Pieces, eNKay Design, Etc. by Danyale, Girl Boy Girl Designs, Kimeric Kreations, Lifescapes Templates, Quirky Twerp, Sherwood Studio, Stellajane Designs, Wishing Well Creations

No comments:

Post a Comment